silkparadise

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A fun workshop



I spent 8 wonderful days in workshops with the incredible free motion embroidery teacher Ken Smith. Some of the comments people make about this talented teacher/artist are wonderful.
"he has magic hands" "He can make embroidery look like creating the natural world all over again". His sense of humour and fun are a delight. I know I sound like an addict, and I guess I am. If you get the chance... crawl, walk, swim, fly and attend one or more of his workshops. I have never enjoyed a teacher, or an activity more. The pieces pictured here are my interpretation of a piece of bark, using Ken's methods and techniques. But with all his workshops the emphasis is on enjoying the process.
After 4 wonderful days my piece of bark looks more realistic. Magnify to see the intensive work that has been done! Now for the decorations!

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

That's really amazing, Maria. I looked at it up close, and it's great! I can hardly wait to see the rest of the piece.

11:05 AM  
Blogger NormaH said...

You're right, Maria, it does look like a piece of bark. Can't wait to see what you add to it. You must have had fun with this class. Geez, you always get to fun classes!!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I'm curious Mariah
Was the work done with Chisimi thread at all??

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's really beautiful.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home