silkparadise

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tutorial, leaves


Requirements

Sheet of silk paper

sheet of rinse away, same size

variegated machine embroidery thread

pins

sewing machine set up for free motion embroidering, feed dogs down, top tension slightly lower than normal, needle size 70-80.


Carefully pin rinse away to silk paper. Test your embroidering for tension, adjust if necessary. I have made a "how to" stitch your leaf. I do not sketch my leaves, practice makes perfect. However, you can sketch leaves on the rinse away, stitch on the lines but remember:

If you want the effect of the variegated thread, you must wind it on the bobbin. (Hope this is clear, you do not do this if you stitch on the silk paper.

I have used numbers to show my method of stitching the leaf outline, leaving space between the stitch lines to give a clear impression, but not the only way to do it!
Once you are happy with your outlines, carefully cut around the outside of the leaf, quickly dip in hot water, then place on old towel and dab with another old towel to remove excess moisture.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

Thanks for the tute Maria. It is quite clear and simple too.

12:02 AM  
Blogger allie aller said...

I would love to try this! Thanks.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Bear said...

wowee Maria
thank you for the tute I could understand it easily and I am not really a machine sewer.
Thanks very much I have to try this I have one of your lovely leaves and its treasured believe me
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home