silkparadise

Sunday, August 27, 2006

flutterby


Hello,
My name is Maria and I am 72 years old. Married since 1953 to a wonderful man who is my best friend as well. We have 5 children and 12 gransdchildren. We came from the Netherlands in 1954 and now live in Tasmania. My hobbies vary from all kinds of textile art to music, quiz shows and crosswords.

My real passion is machine embroidering and I subscribe to various magazines for inspiration.
I am very lucky to have a small studio that I try, not always successfully to keep tidy and well organised. I am making quilts for all my grandchildren and am on number 5. I also create handbags, tote bags and wall pictures.

This picture lives in Wollongong it is a machine embroidery executed freehand with silk and rayon thread. I call it purple fantasy. I started this in a workshop with Ken Smith.

10 Comments:

Blogger Calidore said...

Weldome to blogging Maria. You will find it very addictive....lol.

8:54 PM  
Blogger katiejayinpa said...

gorgeous piece, is that angelina fiber in there....ok, i give up.......lol, what is in there...it has so many textures! i like a lot!
ktj

9:03 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

Very nice, it really looks good. And I dont have a clue wats in it...

9:06 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Welcome to blogging Maria,
Love the purple piece...I saw a jacket that Ken did here at the craft show just a few weeks ago..
Julia

9:31 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Hey Mariah
You finally succumbed(to Blogging that is!!) Looking forward to seeing heaps more of your work.
Best wishes

12:59 AM  
Blogger NormaH said...

Welcome to blogland Maria. I'm just beginning to get the hang of it myself but it is a lot of fun. I love your piece...... it is gorgeous!!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
luv n hugs

4:40 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Maria, I, too, welcome your blog site.... and am anxious to see more of your beautiful and creative stitching...

Rita Goff

9:15 AM  
Blogger abeautifulcraft said...

welcome to blog-land Maria .... huggggggssss

2:41 PM  
Blogger crazyQstitcher said...

As always Maria, your work is creative and so beautiful. I hope you post many more pictures of your work.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a gorgeous piece, Maria! Now, I have to tell you, I imagined you as about 25. =)

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home